Friday, December 21, 2012

Finally a post...

Hi people,

So first off let me present my apologies for the long delay between posts. I was feeling too down last weekend to post anything, and of course during the week it's very hard to find the time. Please accept this plate of virtual homemade cookies as an apology?



No? Well, it was worth a try, anyway...

So, what have I been up to? Last Sunday was Saint Alice day, so we went to the cinema and saw "Populaire"--I would highly recommend, if it comes out in theaters in the states. Then we went to Alice's grandparents' house for St. Alice day crepes and some little presents.



And speaking of presents, I'm finally all sorted out for my host family for Christmas. The presents are all wrapped and hidden away.



I also made and ate cookies :)



So...this was the last week of school before the holidays. I had a nice lunch the other day with some of my lovely international friends and two French people (one of whom was taking the photo).



Today was the last day of school before the break. Special features included a flashmob featuring my host sister Alice (third from the left) with choreography by this ninth grader dance prodigy kid (first from the left) who apparently is on TV in dancing competitions and stuff.



We also had a fancy Christmas lunch, finished off by a slice of "buche de Noel"



Sadly, after the holidays we will be two less in number--Julia is transferring to a different region and Julietta is headed back to Argentina after a year here. We had lunch all together today, and then watched a video that Moani had made with lots of our photos all together--many tears were shed.

We'll miss our friends!



1 comment:

  1. You're not worried that your host family will read your blog and discover your secret Christmas present hideaway?

    ReplyDelete