Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Redux

I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!! As for me, I'm at the end of the first week of my two week winter break. Last Sunday, my family took me to see Bordeaux.



We ate lunch at a teashop, saw the Christmas market,



Went shopping, which is the real attraction of Bordeaux,



and visited some of the major historical places like la Place de la Bourse.



In the evening we had a crepe at the Christmas market.





Yummmm!!!!!

So, on to Christmas. We dressed up...



We went to Benedicte's parents house for a Christmas dinner of hors d'oeuvres, seafood soup, turkey, chestnuts, green beans with bacon, potato galettes, salad, and cheese. We went to mass at a church with a really high tech nativity scene,



and then went back to the house for yule log and presents.


I finally crashed around 3 in the morning, only to get up at 10 to open the presents sent to me and my host family by my parents and friends.



Thank you all!!! <3

So, the next few days of my vacation have passed in a haze of family time, homework, a relapse into a more violent cold than the original, and watching movies and TV shows with my family. For the New Year I'm going to Michela's house with Alice and another AFS friend--should be fun!!! In the meantime, happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of you, Benedicte, and Alice - vous sont tres belles!

    ReplyDelete